UNITY ROOTS CIC is dedicated to enriching lives through creativity while promoting equality and
opportunity for all
Unity Roots CIC offer our services for all but specialise in supporting the most disadvantaged, vulnerable, marginalised, in poverty or at risk people and communities both in the UK and abroad.
Our initiatives are designed to promote opportunities, skills and a better life for all no matter their background, ethnicity or ability.
We run workshops, projects and longer term programmes using World Music, Film, Arts and Heritage to improve education, employability, health, cultural relations, understanding and tolerance and to reduce poverty and inequality.
Through our work we also raise awareness of social injustice and promote creativity, peace, happiness, personal development and social responsibility for all.
Unity Roots CIC run activities for the good of people, places and the planet.
Our Mission Statement
Unity Roots aims to inspire positive change and equality, raise awareness, promote creativity and social responsibility for all.
We believe that regardless of age, race, religion, gender, ability or circumstance, world music and film can assist in the development of everyone’s health, education, aspirations and personal growth.
1. To benefit people from all backgrounds, abilities and nations so as to develop their physical, mental health and spiritual capacities that they may grow to full maturity as confident, happy and educated individuals and productive members of society.
2. The provision or assistance in the provision of recreational facilities for those who by reason of youth, age, infirmity or disablement, poverty or economic and social circumstances, have need of such facilities with the object of improving their conditions of life, in particular but not exclusively by the provision of facilities for exploring music and the creative arts, holding in-house performances and workshops offering facilities and opportunities for visiting musicians and artists.
3. To advance the education of the public by the provision of courses to instruct people in the skills required for participating and becoming proficient in the arts and in particular playing musical instruments, performing, film making, singing, dance and the creative arts.
4. To promote, maintain, improve and advance artistic excellence and education in the arts, in particularly the art areas of film, digital moving image and music, for the public benefit by making films and music, running musical, artistic or cultural events and performances that promote the arts and creativity and support talented individuals or groups and those who are developing their creativity.
5. To advance the education of young people by the promotion of the development of a wide range of life skills including health and hygiene, nutrition, budgeting and finance, basic literacy and numeracy, relaxation and stress/anger management.